Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My inspiration


I finally began my onesie line, when my son, Owen, came into my life. I had toyed with the thought of working with hand stamping, and I had a few ideas in my head for the themes that I would work with. Everything suddenly became clear to me when Owen was here. The hopes I had for Owen, intermingled with the style I had in mind for him, lead to Rooted Studios.

Owen is our precious gift from the Lord, our dear and precious son. We prayed for years for Owen, and when he came to us, there was suddenly such clarity in our convictions and creativity. The hopes we have for him, the prayers that we pray multiple times daily, all center around one theme: rooted. Being rooted in Christ is the main prayer that we have for Owen. I have a beautiful necklace, made by my dear friend Beth: ROOTED. Owen's nursery is decked out in the theme, rooted, in which we decorated with beautiful wood themes, leaves, trees, and scripture... I pray that he can be just like the man described in the Psalms:

He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1:3

and Colossians 2:6-7

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment